Saurabh's Blog

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Join the Group ?

Every Day I get an email from an acquiantance asking me to join some orkut community or the other , I am not kidding ! He sends me 4 emails every day so I figured by now he must be a part of atleast 100 communities . but when I looked at his profile I see that he is a member of only 20 !!

How come ? So either he is a selfless worker trying to propagate the groups ( which he somehow doesnt wanna join) or is just another crazy bastard who likes forwarding email from the Sai Baba Miracles to Dalai Lamas personal thoughts !

Now I must confess some of his "join this community" emails start with something like "If you are not an Alien who likes Oprah please ignore this email" or " if you are not a member of IITPMC 2000 batch please read on " Thats just so nice of him !!

Talking about Orkut ever get added by people whom you think you know but cant remember them , Boy oh Boy Happens to me a lot !!

I was reading my scraps the other day Isnt it great that people who dont wanna believe in the "orkut will delete your account" still send out emails which start like " I dont believe in these things but in case its true here is an email ...which I dont believe in , Heres a reality check , IT MEANS YOU BELIEVE IN IT , YOU FELL FOR THE BIGGEST HOAX !!!!

I love the concept of the scrap in orkut , its like an answering machine or a voice mail there are so many people whom you dont wanna talk to but would love to keep a message . A message is the best way to communicate , it gives to time to formulate an answer !!
A scrap in orkut is like saying you are too hideous to call and too boring to email so heres something for your voicemail .