Saurabh's Blog

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Myself Vs IT : The Conspiracy theory

I am convinced , IT-support HATES me. This is my second stint as an intern and I have experienced the same.

At my first internship : I was under close surveillance for using the group laptop for working on-site. It took my mentor some time to explain that it was in fact some REAL work and I could be trusted !

Now my present one ( where my manager and mentor , both are very pragmatic and professional !) Also let me clarify ( ALL employees have laptops) Now the rule set down ( by some IT guy) is that INTERNS CANT HAVE LAPTOPS !!!!!

When asked the IT manager gave a cold shoulder saying "interns cant have laptops ". I explained I needed it to work ! No response !!! Even for regular desktop support I am talked to as if I am returning something I stole !!!

A few days back a new intern asked for my help for setting up his workplace as I enter his cube, I am struck by what is a freaking new laptop !!!! So then why the discrepancy ????Then at a lunch with new interns I found out that all new interns have a freaking NEW LAPTOP !!!!!

When contacted the IT Manager said "INTERNS CAN'T HAVE LAPTOPS !!!"

Its like a movie house where the usher lets in some people while he asks you " What Movie? There is no movie !!" ( sorry cant think of any good analogy)

I can't help but believe there is some deep conspiracy, and its freaking working !!!!